Thursday, January 31, 2008

first home improvement project

Saturday, January 26: We did our first real home improvement project! We installed shelves on the wall above my table to create more storage space. I am so excited! Now most of my scrapbook stuff is off the table, which gives me more room to work--now I will be more likely to scrapbook and do other creative projects because I WILL HAVE SPACE TO WORK!

This is the before: I took the picture after I had already cleared off some stuff but this is is pretty much how it looked:


This is the wall space after everything was removed from the table and the table was taken down:


The mess I made of our office with all my stuff moved:


The shelves installed:

That was quite a project! What we thought would be a 30 minute project turned into about an hour project. The walls in the office are soundproofed so the screws didn't go in all the way with the cordless drill fitted with a screwdriver bit. We screwed in the last quarter-inch or so by hand with a screwdriver. That was rather hard work! We found out our drill COULD screw them in all the way with an adjustment to more power--when there were only 2 more screws to put in. *rolls eyes*. Oh well. We got it done!

And the finished project:


I'd like to do a little more in the way of decorating and I may move things around a bit, but for now, it seems to be working.

Happy crafting to me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a fun Saturday! I am so glad you told me about your blog, it is a fun way to keep in touch and see how everyone is doing.